Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Oval Box Bags Using Aneela Hoey's Tutorial and Pattern

I gasped out loud (gol?) when I saw the adorable tutorial for these Oval Box Bags on Aneela Hoey's website, Comfort Stitching. The pictures take you step by step through the construction, and she includes downloadable templates! Of course, I'm in love with all her fabric. My stash of Sew Stitchy and Cherry Christmas were already dedicated to other projects.


So I dug up some remnants of Michael Miller's Nevermore fabric left over from the quilt my dear husband made. My only grumble was when it came time to hand stitch the opening closed.  Curses. I also learned the hard way not to skimp on instructions. I'm afraid the top is crooked.


After a few weeks, I attempted to make another, and it was a little easier, just as Aneela promised. :)

Ruby Star Shining linen fabric by Melody Miller

2 comments: