Wednesday, July 18, 2012

1001 Peeps - Magic Carpet Quilt - Purple Palette - Lizzy House


Last year, Andover Fabrics came out with this delightful 1001 Peeps - Lizzy House - Magic Carpet Quilt Pattern




My dear husband made the blue version of this quilt for our friends' son. He had so much fun, I decided to make the purple one for our other friends' 6 month old daughter.


Fortunately, after cutting, piecing, and doing buttonhole applique on all the circles, I talked my husband into FM quilting mine, too! 




I hope this gets through customs soon!

4 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic quilt! Love that your hubby quilts too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so relieved to hear that it finally reached its destination after 3 weeks.

      Delete
  2. Love your quilt! i'm about to attempt it as well. any advice on the circles? did you do the fusing? thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather. Thank you! Yes, we used fusible web on the blue and purple 1001 Peeps quilts. Heat N Bond Lite worked well. I thought about stabilizer under that but we didn't need it. Instead, it really helped to starch the back of the squares after fusing, so that the circles didn't pucker when using a decorative stitch.

      Delete