Monday, January 2, 2012

Cross-Body Bag Purse from Keyka Lou Pattern

I had my purse stolen months ago, and after wearing an awful looking fanny pack, I finally got the courage to make and wear another purse.


I had been following many posts online about these fabulous Keyka Lou Patterns. I chose the Cross-Body Bag.

During a ridiculous sale, I scored with fat quarters of Far Far Away III by Heather Ross for Kokka. The hardest part was deciding what fabric to use and trying to fussy cut it.


Of course, I got so excited, I forgot to take more pictures during the crucial construction steps.

After the pocket, putting the front and back together.

I pin way too much. It's a nervous habit.

This is the lining with batting, so it's a little more bulky, but I like the body it gives.

There's a pocket inside, too.

These patterns are fabulous, and I can't wait to make more.
Next time, I will shorten the strap and probably add some hardware for adjusting it.
I would also add a magnetic snap instead of the two short straps to tie it closed.
I'm still nervous wearing a purse again, but it was fun to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment